SpotHero is seeking a summer Finance Intern to support our day-to-day accounting and financial processes. Working closely with our Accounting Manager, Senior Financial Analyst, and Staff Accountant, you’ll have the opportunity to gain an understanding of our general ledger and internal controls, gaining practical application of accountancy. This is an incredible opportunity to contribute to and learn from one of Chicago’s fastest-growing tech companies!
Who we are: SpotHero is a fast-growing market leader disrupting the mobility space. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app, website, and connected car integrations to reserve convenient, affordable parking. Parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Support accounts payable, gaining experience with our accounting software, Intacct, and our travel and expense software, Concur.
- Assist in preparing relevant financial reporting and analysis.
- Assist in preparing and maintaining balance sheets and bank reconciliations.
- Support the tax return preparation process.
- Organized. You have great follow-through on tasks, top-notch attention to detail, and superior organizational skills.
- A top-notch communicator. Your verbal and written communication is direct, effective, and informative.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful; you’re constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
What you bring:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or a recent college graduate.
- Minimum 3.3 GPA required. At least 2 years completed towards a Bachelor of Science in Accounting.
- Passionate about SpotHero’s mission and eager to contribute to a fast-growing tech company.
- Strong proficiency in Excel.
What we are offering:
- 12 week paid summer internship.
- Casual dress code and fun work environment.
- Fun perks like catered lunches and SpotHero swag.
- Ownership of your projects, contributing meaningful work to the company.
- Work collaboratively with small teams, gaining hands-on, applicable real world experience.
- An incredible opportunity to get involved with a successful Chicago based tech company.
- A workplace recognized as a Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.