Finance Manager, Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 400+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,700,000 unique products.
This role serves as the sales and marketing finance owner for the organization. Key areas of focus include developing sales and margin forecasts for new & existing marketing initiatives, analyzing historical promotional performance, and acting as a liaison between the Finance and Marketing teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development, distribution, and analysis of the daily sales and margin roadmap.
- Build the monthly promo sales forecast by partnering with the Analytics and Marketing business teams.
- Create standardized reporting, dashboards, and KPI’s that are distributed to key organizational stakeholders.
- Analyze historical promo and non-promo sales and margin activity and provide recommendations for future initiatives.
- Be a key contributor to the promotion incrementality business initiative.
- Build standardized promotion reporting that will aid in business decision making.
- Build and own customer acquisition cost modeling and reporting.
- Create Paid Search analytics in order to understand KPI’s and their impact on cost and sales.
- Assist in building the Zoro revenue model that will be the basis for annual and long-term planning.
- General sales and gross margin analysis
- Provide bridge analyses at the product level to explain sales and margin variances to plan and forecast.
- Partner with the Pricing team regarding product specific market strategies.
- Various ad-hoc analyses
- Minimum 7+ years of related finance experience
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA or Masters a plus
- Strong ability to lead and provide guidance to Senior Executives
- Comfortable interacting at high levels within the Company
- Strong communicator and able to present info at the right level of detail
- Good base of technical finance skills (modeling, forecasting)
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and forecasts
- Demonstrated business acumen
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.