- Applies innovative and proactive thinking to analytics and modeling to support management decisions in order to deliver a multi-billion dollar, long-range, capital facilities construction project investment plan for Walgreens - a Fortune 500 with $136B in revenue and over 9,000 locations.
- Performs moderate to complex portfolio analysis including conducting research and identifying, designing, and implementing applications and resources to fulfill reporting and analysis needs. Creates multifaceted models and runs various scenarios to interpret financial and operational impacts in order to project long-range investment funding and capacity requirements, store selection for optimal investment, address any governance concerns, outline spend trends, identify cost reduction/saving opportunities, and determine root cause problem solving for cost anomalies.
- With minimal guidance from management, assesses analytical resources and various forms of data availability and researched and builds new programs that allow for various lines of data to be incorporated so financial modeling analysis of multiple program impact becomes more efficient and allows for more in-depth analysis and review resulting in improved recommendations and solutions for the business. Leverages large amounts of data from multiple sources and completes self -audits of work to ensure accuracy of results.
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear, concise matter with an appropriate lens for various stakeholders including management and non-financial audiences.
- Provides guidance and training to associate analysts and analysts on financial modeling, data extraction techniques, budgetary considerations, and recommends best practices on pulling and refining data. As needed provides an explanation to the team regarding the intricate web of data and how assumptions on one program or project may impact other programs or projects that are not specifically in scope during an analysis.
- Works on singular store retail projects or programs, such as fixture installations, content additions, and site upgrades – or – leads similarly scoped systems and software related projects. Understands implications of choices and works to determine the best solution for the situation.
- Ensures all key stakeholders are kept connected to project or program status, issues, risks and program needs.
- Identifies needs and evaluates alternative business solutions. Recommends ways to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Coordinates internal and external stakeholders project or program plan including its quality control, and lessons learned activities. Ensures project work plans are appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Assists with managing external general contractors and fixture installation vendors. Maintains sound project administration practices/procedures to minimize customer and business impact during work. Maintains safe and high quality construction practices and looks for and implements continuous improvement practices for future projects or programs.
- Assists with managing project or program budgets and financials. Ensures resources/budgets are available to meet stakeholder needs for planned projects and holds team members accountable for individual team budgets. Delivers project or project close outs in a timely fashion.
- Identifies areas of risk and recommends ways to minimize. Assists the program team to effectively manage changes with the execution team.
- Reviews, oversees and ensures methodology and project standards.
- Ensures project managers are utilizing communication tools, such as online project management, to keep stakeholders up to date, and provide visibility to program health. Assist in the development of tracking tools necessary to meet the changing needs of the programs.
- May oversee external consultants working on client engagements within area. Ensures team members are well informed, at all times, of changes and news worthy events within company. Effectively communicates relevant practice information to superiors. Handles difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of program, project and/or implementation management experience OR a High School diploma/GED and at least 4 years program, project and/or implementation management experience.
- Experience presenting and reporting on project and/or program plans to appropriate stakeholders, executives and senior management.
- Experience applying project management methodologies and practices, including developing a project plan, including charter, scope, project management approach and management plans, such as the statement of work, cost estimates, schedule, etc.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams and indirectly managing teams across business units.
- Experience utilizing project management software and other standard project management scheduling tools, such as Microsoft Project or Projectmates.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at various levels of the organization, such as peers, internal/external stakeholders, business partners, senior level managers.
- Experience resolving conflicts within a team as issues arise.
- Experience managing program expense and capital costs to a budget.
- Willing to travel at least 25% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience in accounting for capital projects vs. expense, depreciation, useful life, write-off, cost distribution and variance analyses, preferably in a Facilities, Property, Finance, Accounting or Fixed Assets function.
- Experience with communicating with management in a clear and succinct manner, written and/or verbally.
- Ability to perform competitive analysis and produce meaningful results to enable business intelligent decisions.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting aggressive deadlines for multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Advanced level skill in MS Excel, including pivot tables, vlookups, sumif, average, left, right functions, concatenate and basic graphs.
- Intermediate level skill in MS Power BI, including importing and transforming data, creating visuals and reports, modeling and analysis leveraging DAX expressions, and sharing dashboards.