Avant is revolutionizing the world of lending by lowering the costs and barriers of borrowing for everyday people. At our core, we are a technology company that builds advanced platforms and uses custom analytics. Today, we help underserved consumers, the majority of whom get fast funding on our online platform without having to talk to anyone. Tomorrow we plan to use our world class technology and underwriting capabilities to launch new products and bank partnerships that improve people’s financial lives.
Let’s get to business. Avant is looking for a new Analyst to join the Financial Planning & Analysis team in Chicago.
The Financial Planning and Analysis team assists with the preparation of financial results and the communication to senior management. The team also works closely with different parts of the organization on return on investment analysis and adherence to key performance metrics.
What you do at Avant:
- Assisting in the preparation of Avant’s financial plan and loan performance forecasting
- Supporting preparation of Monthly & Quarterly Management updates and Board Presentations
- Analyzing current and past trends in key performance indicators, focused on credit performance
- Ad-Hoc credit reporting and analysis
- Developing financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Improving operating efficiency by evaluating processes and understanding ROI across the organization
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 1 year experience in Finance or related field
- Proficient Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Technical or coding experience; Proficiency in Anaplan, SQL, or Python is a plus
- Demonstrated financial analysis and modeling expertise
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and can-do attitude
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, such as experience with VBA
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Read Full Job Description