Discover. A more rewarding way to work.At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity: Job Description:
We are seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join Discover’s Advanced Analytics Platform department with a successful track record of leading and collaborating in a highly cross-functional team structure. This individual will perform a variety of services required for effective operation of the department. The ideal candidate will act as a financial leader project managing strategic department initiatives including partnering with HR, Finance, and Procurement regarding talent and financial planning as well as contract management.
- Partner with department leaders and managers, HR, Finance, and Procurement to understand business strategy and requirements
- Monitor and report on employee and consultant headcount
- Central Planning – assist in the consolidation effort for department forecasting and annual plan process, and monthly accruals
- Provide financial analysis and support on business case evaluations as needed
- Manage inventory of contracts for department and forecast of renewal dates
- Help ensure compliance to Procurement process and monitor status of requests
- Communicate effectively and to all levels of management status of plan, blockers, etc. ensuring full transparency of progress, budget and risks
- Provide ad hoc reporting as requested
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Excellent analytical skills and detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication/ influencing skills and ability to navigate across levels of staff and management
- Strong people skills and ability to work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment
- Advanced Excel skills and experience with Tableau and Microsoft Office 365
- Project management and contract management experience ideal
- Experience in IT and/or the financial services industry
#LI-KE We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.