Financial Communications Senior Leader
Financial Communications Senior Leader
Location 108 WILMOT RD , DEERFIELD, IL
The Financial Communications Senior Leader is a strategic and highly visible leadership role overseeing all reportable company financial information. This individual will work closely with the investor relations, corporate finance, disclosure, legal corporate strategy, and other teams. This role crafts and manages the communication of publicly reportable financial information including: company business ventures, partnerships and M&A, core earnings, and navigating the SEC regulatory environment. This individual will provide counsel and help prep senior leadership on how best to communicate, position, and frame the company’s business and financial results externally and internally. The position requires an individual with an advisory mindset, strong communication skills, and the ability to work in a transforming organization.
- Working closely with the investor relations, corporate finance, disclosure, legal corporate strategy and other teams, this role crafts coordinates and manages the communication of publicly reportable financial information for the Company. Provides strategic communications counsel and help prep senior leadership on how best to communicate, position and frame the company’s business and financial results externally and internally.
- Leads communications strategy and execution for significant company business ventures, partnerships and M&A. Manages internal communications of the Company’s financial and business performance, including across global internal leadership forums and venues.
- Acts as corporate spokesperson with media and other audiences for financial performance and strategic enterprise initiative topics
- Leads all internal and external communications support for Investor Relations and Finance Departments. Develops and executes overall communication and engagement activities in support of the company's business strategies and programs.
- Manages communications around corporate governance issues and provides communications support for all investor and shareholder engagement, including investor conferences, annual shareholder meeting and annual reports to shareholders.
- Provides communications support for Company Directors, as needed.
- May cultivate professional relationships with other organizations through which WBA can benchmark and improve the practice of communications.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the USA and Europe. Walgreens Boots Alliance and the companies in which it has equity method investments together have a presence in more than 25* countries and employ more than 400,000* people. The company is a global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail and, together with the companies in which it has equity method investments, has over 13,200* stores in 11* countries as well as one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with over 390* distribution centers delivering to more than 230,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 6 years of experience working within and leading a communications function.
- Experience managing financial communications for a publicly-traded corporation.
- Experience working in an organization that has experienced significant change.
- Experience in BOTH external and internal communications functions.
- Experience influencing and getting work done through others.
- Experience thriving in a constantly-changing, growth-focused environment.
- Experience working as a bridge builder.
- Experience working with a high level of urgency.
- Experience writing financial press releases for a public company.
- Experience working collaboratively across departments and lines of business.
- At least 3 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state/out of state/international).
- Undergraduate degree in English, Communications or related field.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Business or Finance OR MBA and at least 10 years of experience managing financial communications for a publicly-traded corporation.
- Experience in a global organization.
- At least 2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 4 years of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.