General Manager - Credit Cards at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $2 billion of assets; we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a strategic leader and rigorous operator. An innovator who knows the ins and outs of building and operating a credit card business. Your mission will be to chart M1’s path to launching a differentiated credit card offering. The M1 Credit Card will be a key growth driver and will complement the existing offerings of our finance super app. To be successful, you will need to be the conduit between the product and business teams. In order to do so, you will need to be an adept communicator and collaborator who can establish strong partnership with leaders across M1. This is the role for someone with a vision for personal finance of the future, and with the operating skills to make that vision, reality.
What you’ll do
- Create the plans: product, project, business, and strategic
- Manage cross-functional teams and keep them on track to hit targets
- Identify and negotiate technological & strategic partnerships
- Understand the user, the market, and where they are going, not where they’ve been
- Develop metrics which measure and monitor success
- 7+ years of total experience with at least 3+ years as a high-impact leader of a credit card offering or other consumer credit product with a track record of proven success and innovation
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams, utilize outstanding influencing skills, and demonstrate strong senior-level communication
- Ability to prioritize effectively in a high-paced, fast-changing, and unstructured work environment
- Analytical and creative problem solver with a flexible approach which can accommodate to evolving business needs
- Be a strategist with demonstrated business savvy who can synthesize complex, abstract information and translate those inputs into defined direction for product development and business execution
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broke
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym