Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: This position will be based in Chicago, but will work remotely along with the rest of PerkSpot until our offices safely reopen.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that offers exclusive discounts, as well as rewards and recognition, to millions of employees. We work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere and invest in you more.
About the Role
PerkSpot is looking for a driven Junior Accountant with a desire to be presented with learning opportunities and join a growing Finance and Accounting team! In this position, you will work closely with the Accounting Manager and collaborate with cross-functional teams. With our small team, you will have your hands in a little bit of everything, supporting all internal and external objectives, while also participating in larger team projects.
A successful candidate will have:
- 0-2 years in a related accounting role
- Experience assisting with the preparation of financial statements
- Experience managing the A/P & A/R functions
- Experience recording invoices
- Exposure to monthly, quarterly, and yearly close
- Exposure to analyzing P&L statements
- Experience working in Microsoft Office and Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience working in Quickbooks or a related ERP software
- Experience working within Salesforce and Domo (as an added bonus!)
- Effective oral & written communication skills
- An innate curiosity with the desire to learn
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is big at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of the business and how we can best collaborate and win as a team.
- Work closely with the Accounting Manager to become familiar with our financial reporting and accounting processes.
- Gain an understanding of how our team impacts the greater business, specifically our merchant partners.
Throughout Your Career Here
- Opportunities for change and to make an impact are endless; we love change and new ideas here! As the business continues to grow and evolve, you will discover new ways to efficiently manage the accounting function and support our teams.
- Develop and sharpen your accounting skills, and be part of large projects and implementations.
- Plan to work hard, learn a lot, and have fun while you’re doing it!
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We work with millions of users and many of the world’s biggest brands. We take that trust seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a team working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
We’re a team of owners. Every employee is included in our equity program. Given our success, our owners are generally already “in the money” so we are all aligned to ensure our continued business success.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, showers on-site and our own private gym.
In the next stage of our growth, we’re leveraging the power of technology -- particularly machine learning and AI -- to improve the experience of our users.
We hold Friday all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.