Lead External Reporting Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Manages and represents multiple and occasionally complex business activities, spanning cross-functionally in terms of expertise and contributions. Demonstrates critical thinking and perspective in problem resolution. Evaluates facts and circumstances to derive conclusions and influence decision-making through effective communication. Engages and leverages relationships to achieve end-to-end results. Ensures the design and operating effectiveness of the control environment over the areas of responsibility. Applies judgement for the appropriate application of Corporate Policy, GAAP Regulation or established framework. Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the advancement of priorities independent of management oversight.
- Prepares individual legal entity financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS or local country accounting standards, as applicable.
- Coordinates all administrative and communication aspects of planning and completing external audits of legal entities including scheduling, assigning and managing audit requests, and management representation letter subject matter expert sub-certification.
- Reviews certain legal entity financial statements and benefit plan financial statements prepared by Senior External Reporting Analysts, along with other reports as needed.
- Builds relationships with individuals in the Finance organization and other parts of the business as part of the reporting process and to attain necessary understanding of the source and quality of information. This includes scheduling and facilitating monthly meetings to ensure effective communication.
- Stays informed of US GAAP/IFRS and other reporting changes that may impact the financial statements. Review changes in local regulations to determine impact on subsidiaries in various countries. Document complex changes in accounting/compliance requirements in the permanent file. Supervises administration and updates of the LEG SharePoint site undertaken by Senior Analysts.
- Prepares materials for the Audit Committees of the Discover Financial Services Board of Directors and the Discover Bank Board of Directors, working with other functional areas within the company as needed, if applicable.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance
- 4+ years Accounting, Finance, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of Accounting, Finance, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years Accounting, Finance or related
- 3-4 years public accounting experience plus corporate experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.