Payroll Manager at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a digital transformation consulting firm, delivering engaging strategies and products to the world’s leading organizations. We are not a conventional company, and we have no intentions of becoming one. Our culture is one that fosters innovation and creative thinking without the bindings that are typically introduced with large organizations.
The Payroll Manager will manage all aspects of the payroll process for the US. In addition, the payroll manager will lead the Americas payroll team as we integrate a new payroll system. The role reports to the K+C Americas Controller.Responsibilities
- Process semi-monthly payrolls for US locations.
- Proven ability to manage remote employees effectively
- Responsible for quarterly and yearly payroll reporting and audit requirements.
- Timely review and issuance of employee’s annual tax forms as issued via payroll provider
- Ensure compliance with state and federal withholding requirements
- Administer off-cycle payroll runs and retro calculations as needed
- Collaborate with stakeholders as subject matter expert on payroll
- Process wage garnishment, void and manual checks
- Address employee questions concerning pay and payroll deductions
- Responsible for payroll audits across the US.
- Special projects as needed
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- BS/BA in Business, Human Resources or related degree
- 4+ years experience in payroll processing
- Strong Excel and GSuite skills
- Ability to audit, reconcile, and balance a variety of HR/payroll data and transactions and perform analytics to present business data for decision making.
- Large payroll system experience (such as Paylocity and Ceridian)
- Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to maintain confidential information
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team; establishes positive working relationships
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal)
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.