Principal Financial Consultant at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for providing financial and business analysis support for Discover's Corporate Shared Services business units. Partner with senior leadership on expense management initiatives. Leverage quantitative analyses to drive actionable insights and influence key business decisions.
- Drives revenue-generating and expense-efficiency initiatives by understanding business economics and effectively leading and influencing business.
- Develops financial projections to support planning and investment decisions. Provides advice and financial analyses to leadership for investment decisions, pricing changes, and the development of new products and offers. Monitors and assesses the return on financial investments. Leads an analytical approach to proactively develop insightful financial analyses.
- Develops and leads financial planning activities, including budgeting, short- and long-term forecasting, and revenue and expense driver analysis.
- Conducts variance analysis and consolidation activities.
- Collaborates with business partners (e.g., marketing, and operations) to develop robust financial forecasts and drive insightful analysis.
- Continually improves and streamlines standard work processes.
- Creates and maintains models to understand long-term profit and loss impacts and drives business decisions.
- Performs detailed competitive analyses to drive strategic insights and actions.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.