Principal Fraud Risk Investigator - Payments Line of Business at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Emerging Payment Protection group within Discover is looking for passionate risk professionals who are eager to learn about new technologies and help identify Fraud, security and regulatory risks when launching new payment products in various jurisdictions. Our ideal candidate needs to have experience within Payments landscape and aware of emerging technologies such as tokenization, RTP, wallets, SRC (Click to Pay) etc, and stay abreast of new development in the industry. We are looking for a problem solver who thrives when working with teams to develop risk mitigation strategies that will minimize fraud and risk while supporting and expanding business.
What you will do.
- Identify fraud risk scenarios and develop mitigation strategies for emerging payment products while understanding business goals and opportunities.
- Coordinates with internal and external parties to identify new and evolving threats to the existing payments environment with the goal of quickly deploying countermeasures to help prevent payment data compromises and mitigate fraud loss.
- Develop security and fraud related documentation to support product launch.
- Stay on top of new regulations that impact existing payment products when entering different jurisdictions
- Lead security and fraud investigations that impact payment products.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to develop strategies and methodologies
- Manage multiple complex engagements at the same time
- Be a trusted advisor to senior leadership and help articulate the risk and the mitigation strategies
- Provides fraud prevention thought leadership within the industry, DFS and all partners.
- Represents DFS at industry and client events, and prepare and deliver SME-level presentations to multiple levels of internal and external management.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Security and Intelligence, Information Technology, Analytics, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Fraud, Information Security, Engineering, Criminal Justice, Decision Analytics, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Fraud, Information Security, Engineering, Criminal Justice, Decision Analytics, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master's Degree in Security and Intelligence, Information Technology, Analytics, Finance or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Fraud, Information Security, Engineering, Criminal Justice, Decision Analytics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Card payments, network, acquiring, issuing, mobile technologies, digital payments or related
- In-depth consumer payment knowledge including Network rules, interchange and payment systems.
- General awareness on global regulations that impact Payments.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.