Principal Operational Risk & Internal Control - E-Business at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Advise business partners within E-Business on understanding and mitigating the inherent risks throughout their business processes. Partner with the business to improve the control environment by developing new/revised controls and resolve open issues. Serve as a liaison between business unit and Corporate Risk Management (CRM), Compliance, Legal, and other Business Risk Office groups. Execute various preventative risk management activities and initiatives such as, but not limited to, risk and control assessments, consumer impact and operational risk events reporting, key risk indicator reporting, and new initiative process.
How You’ll Do It
- Perform walk-throughs and consult on existing and new processes and, where appropriate, facilitate documentation thereof, including the identification of business risks and controls.
- Ensure that controls are in place to mitigate legal, regulatory, and other applicable business risks. Where control gaps exist, provide consultation on the design of controls and monitor until execution.
- Execute reporting, including consumer impact and operational risk events, key risk indicators, and business reviews in accordance with company policies and standards.
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure root-cause analysis is performed and that appropriate corrective action plans are put in place to address issues stemming from the risk and control assessments, internal audits, regulatory findings, business unit test monitoring, consumer impact and operational risk events, and other applicable sources where gaps are identified.
- Provide relevant risk training to meet current and evolving organizational requirements and/or business needs.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business management, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in risk management, internal controls, finance, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in risk management, internal controls, finance, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 8+ years of experience in risk management, internal controls, finance, or related field
- Certified Internal Auditor, Certification in Control Self-Assessment, RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional, or related certification
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.