Principal Operational Risk Management at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for the continued development of a consistent risk management framework across all DFS control functions. By partnering closely with risk officers, risk program owners, and Business Technology across DFS, the position identifies industry-leading risk practices and enables implementation of such practices across the company.
- Manages internal operational risk reporting, including: setting and maintaining requirements (as necessary), pulling data at prescribed frequencies; analyzing data / trends; writing concise rationale; providing effective challenge reporting inputs; committee reporting; and identifying reporting efficiency opportunities.
- Manages external operational risk reporting, including: setting and maintaining requirements (as necessary); working with Business Technology / Legal Organization partners to ensure data is pulled at prescribed frequencies; conducting reconciliation activities; resolving errors; ensuring reports are completed timely.
- Manages operational risk Key Risk Indicator (KRI) annual refresh, including: facilitating workshops with risk partners and senior leadership; developing relevant operational risk KRIs; ensuring suite of operational risk KRIs provides appropriate coverage against all risks; and providing effective challenge.
- Manages scenario analysis library annual refresh, including: facilitating workshops with risk partners and senior leadership; and providing effective challenge.
- Manages CCAR / Stress Testing reporting / activities, including: conducting scenario cost quantification activities; developing reporting materials; partnering with Enterprise Risk Management to update capital planning materials.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Risk Management, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Risk Management, Financial Services, Process Improvement, or related field, including people management
- CRISC, CISA, CISM, CISSP, or similar certification
- Project Management Professional
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Expert in Excel
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.