Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $600 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-21, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
This position is responsible for the timely, complete, and accurate accounting and reporting of their assigned monthly financial close tasks and in accordance with company policies and US GAAP. During the close process, this position will analyze numerous asset, liability and expense accounts to ensure that financial statements are properly reported. Outside of close, position is responsible for many account reconciliations and performing complex analysis of financial reports to identify trends, variances, and opportunities. This position will also build dashboards containing KPI’s to monitor the company's performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of various expense and balance sheet journal entries and account reconciliations
- Preparation of balance sheet and profit & loss statements, including enhancements to profit & loss statements, as the company grows/changes
- Analyzes month over month expense variances
- Prepare detailed close packages containing financial statement schedules and analysis
- Responsible for detailed monthly freight analysis, and working cross-functional with the supply chain team on freight optimization projects
- Build dashboards containing KPI’s to monitor the company's performance
- Assist Accountant with account reconciliations, and general accounting questions
- Support director on implementation of accounting procedures and policies
- Assist in preparation and implementation of internal controls, including meeting with internal and external auditors to discuss deficiencies and opportunities for improvement
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent (required)
- CPA or working towards CPA, strongly preferred
- 3- 5 years of progressive accounting roles
- Must have 2 years of public accounting experience
- Excellent analytical + reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal + written communication skills, ability to work cross functionally with many different departments
- Advanced PC skills - must have Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail is critical for this role
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- NetSuite or SAP software experience is a plus
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.