Senior Accountant at VelocityEHS
*Open to candidates that reside in the Chicago, Illinois area*
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and are a self-starter with creativity and a strong work ethic, then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- General accounting tasks including account reconciliations, journal entries, and review of billing / payable data
- Analysis and review of company expenditures, confirming proper allocation of expenses to the various departments, and reporting to the various departments as necessary.
- Month-end close responsibilities, including Profit & Loss analysis, accrued expenses, accounts payable and various other balance sheet reconciliations
- Reviewing invoices and revenue to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP
- Seeking ways to improve accounting processes and procedures both nationally and internationally
- Assisting with and handling special projects as needed.
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent
- 4 years or more accounting work experience
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning
- Strong verbal/written communication skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a role that requires substantial multi-tasking and prioritization skills in a deadline driven environment
- Experience with advanced accounting systems (Intacct, Microsoft, NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter, quick learner, and ability to multi-task on a regular basis
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of ownership on issues and following through to completion
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 5 years or more experience as a Staff Accountant/Senior Accountant
- Being an active CPA
- Experience assisting with annual external audit
- Experience with accounting in multiple currencies
- Experience with local and state tax filings
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Experience with the accounting system, Intacct
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]