Senior Accounting Analyst
What you do at Avant:
- The staff accountant will compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts
- Ensure financial statements are prepared in accordance with U.S. GAAP reporting requirements and company policies
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnote disclosures
- Routinely communicate with decision makers within the organization relating to financial close, issues and deliverables
What you might own at Avant:
- Prepare analysis and record journal entries for areas such as accruals, prepaids, fixed assets
- Address tight deadlines with a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, payroll and account reconciliations.
- Assist with implementing procedures for new products such as credit card.
- Assist with duties to complete quarterly reviews and year-end financial statement audit
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 4 yr. Degree in accounting or finance
- You have 2-4 years of experience working at a public/venture backed company.
- Tech savvy and mastered Excel. Familiar with key functions (VLOOKUP, SUMIFS, etc.). It’s a plus if you’ve worked with NetSuite or FloQast
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively communicate with all staff levels
- Dependable, organized, motivated and trustworthy
Why Avant is a fit for you: At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:We value, support, and help each other growWe are committed to active inclusion and diversityWe are transparent and believe the best idea winsWe succeed when our customers succeedWe get sh!t done… responsiblyAnd we keep it fun! We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.