We're looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant to support multiple senior leaders in our Finance organization.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the schedule is impeccable, and work alongside these two leaders and their direct reports to maximize their ability to focus on the team’s key priorities in supporting Flexport’s continued growth. This role will also ensure that leaders are prepared for all meetings, including compiling briefing documents, decks, and other materials for meetings, interviews, and company events. This role will also support and resolve administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, and helping to identify and implement solutions.You will:
- Manage complicated internal and external meetings and coordinate domestic and global travel
- Ensure your leaders are prepared for all meetings, conducting research where necessary and compiling briefing documents for meetings, interviews, etc
- Attend team meetings as needed, taking notes and providing follow-up on action items
- Complete expense reports per policy and executive requests
- Assist with planning cultural events for the organization
- Handle confidential or non-routine information and facilitate communication between appropriate departments, while protecting operations by having an overall high level of discretion
- Act as the primary facilitator for internal and external individuals on matters pertaining to leader access; you are the team expert and go-to resource for general requests and questions; you are the keeper of all team resources
- Be comfortable offering suggestions and making improvements to processes
- Prioritize conflicting needs with guidance from leaders and senior members of the admin team, while keeping leadership informed of short and long-term responsibilities and commitments;
- Work on exciting projects from start to finish with support from the admin team as needed
- A BA / BS degree and 1-2 years of admin support or other relevant experience (ie. recruiting coordination)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to interact with internal and external partners
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced time sensitive environment
- The ability to exhibit grace and patience under pressure, and the ability to go with the flow amidst ever-changing needs and priorities
- Superior organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and great follow through on tasks
- The ability to be an efficient self-starter and decision-maker that can act on instinct
- A genuine interest in learning by helping and be a problem solver at heart
- Availability to deliver quickly, across global time zones. We need you not only to keep the trains running on time, but to speed them up!
- A love of working hard and having a blast doing it. Our team believes what we’re doing is changing the world for the better
- Strong skills in Google and Microsoft Office suites, as well as other electronic communications
- Experience in a start-up environment (this is a plus!)
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 116 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
Don’t be! Many of us were once in your shoes.
Global trade is an infinitely fascinating but highly complex industry, where purchasing decisions are made every day rather than on an annually recurring basis. Don’t worry, you won’t need to become the world’s expert on ocean freight (we already hired that guy). We’ll look to you to apply your deep understanding of our key audiences, the funnel, and how to meet a digitally connected audience where they are.
It’s incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds and experiences together with our industry veterans to help move this industry forward. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world and break down economic barriers.
We know this industry is complex. That’s why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated and engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.