Senior Financial Analyst, Global Financial Planning & Analysis
Senior Financial Analyst, Global Financial Planning & Analysis
Location 304 WILMOT RD , DEERFIELD, IL
Reporting to the Senior Manager - Global FP&A, works directly with a wide variety of financial data on the Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) team for the $2.0B Global IT organization. Works in partnership with Divisional Finance across the RPU, RPI and Pharmaceutical Wholesale business segments, as well as IT Finance peers, IT Executive Leadership, Corporate FP&A and various Business Unit stakeholders to deliver timely and accurate financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, strategic planning and headcount analysis. Provides subject matter expertise and guidance regarding all finance related decisions and provides guidance and counsel in development of long range plans involving strategy development, resource allocation, work plans and timelines and financial outcomes.
Develops financial models to support decision-making related to complex business issues including new product development analysis, product portfolio analysis, profitability of new opportunities, impacts of regulatory changes, capital analysis, revenue models and profit margin analysis. Emphasis on forecasting, analyzing current performance through the creation and monitoring of IT service metrics, business initiatives and business services. Prepares and analyzes the monthly IT financials to produce forecasts for use in making sound business decisions. Analyzes and reports on the financial impact of current and proposed programs/initiatives. Fulfills complex analytical needs. Assists in driving change as needed to improve financials for the organization and/or to assist in the response to complex Request for Proposals questions where required. Builds analytical tools to gain efficiencies in financial modeling as required. Provides guidance and feedback to other analysts on the team.
- Develops complex financial models to support management decision-making related to new product development, product portfolio analysis, profitability of new opportunities, capital investments, revenue models, profit margin analysis, and impact of regulatory changes. Defines financial requirements for new products and features. Analyzes and summarizes the division’s financial statements, expenses, and records. Develops recommendations for management decision-making.
- Performs moderate to complex financial analysis including conducting research and identifying, designing and implementing applications and tools to fulfill reporting and analysis needs. Runs various scenarios through models and interprets financial impact. Measures financial results against budget and forecast.
- Assists in the development of the long-range financial plans and continuously analyzes operating financial results. Works closely with other departments within Walgreens to ensure that strategic initiatives are achieved.
- May assist in the development of the annual budget and analyzes actual and budgeted figures on an ongoing basis. Creates and maintains detailed budgeting templates.
- With minimal guidance from management, assesses analytical tools and various formats of data availability and researches and builds new programs that allow for various lines of data to be incorporated so financial modeling analysis of multiple program impact becomes more efficient and allows for more in depth analysis and review resulting in improved recommendations and solutions for the business. Where standard tools are insufficient utilizes statistical analysis software (SAS) to model and analyze data as requested.
- Reviews monthly financial operating results for each assigned business unit, identifying key trends, variances, and areas of improved performance. Works with other departments in Walgreens for account reconciliation.
- Provides information and assistance to management regarding expenditures, purchases and other costs of doing business.
- As requested, answers complex request for proposal (RFP) questions related to new business and client renewals for a variety of different programs. Responsible for ensuring data integrity and accuracy of information provided to RFP questions.
- Performs ad hoc analysis and forecasts for internal management team and external customers.
- Provides guidance and training to associate analysts and analysts on financial modeling, data extraction techniques, budgetary considerations, and recommends best practices on pulling and refining data. As needed provides explanation to team regarding intricate web of data and how assumptions on one program or project may impact other programs or projects that are not specifically in scope during an analysis.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Our purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives.
Walgreens Boots Alliance was created through the combination of Walgreens and Alliance Boots in December 2014. This transaction brought together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted healthcare services through pharmaceutical wholesaling and community pharmacy care, dating back more than 100 years.
Walgreens Boots Alliance is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the USA and Europe. Walgreens Boots Alliance and the companies in which it has equity method investments together have a presence in more than 25 countries and employ more than 400,000 people. The company is a global leader in pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retail and, together with the companies in which it has equity method investments, has over 13,200 stores in 11 countries as well as one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with over 390 distribution centers delivering to more than 230,000 pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20 countries. In addition, Walgreens Boots Alliance is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 1 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics or High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years of experience in an analytical role in finance, accounting, business management, quantitative analysis or economics.
- Experience with financial analysis, financial modeling, profitability analysis and/or auditing techniques.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting aggressive deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Knowledge of the link between analysis and business impact.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Master’s Degree or MBA