Senior Financial Analyst, Product and Engineering at SpotHero
SpotHero is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member of the Finance team, working closely with product and engineering teams to help bring innovative products to life. This individual will join a small, fast-paced team whose mission is to be the trusted strategic advisors, driving growth and scale through innovation and partnership.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for business case development to estimate and prioritize investments in products, platforms and internal systems and tools in support of our business strategy. In addition, the Analyst will be supporting human capital planning activities, departmental budget management, and business decision support analysis.
The ideal candidate is highly-motivated, has a strong foundation of finance experience, excellent communication and collaboration skills, and able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
Who we are:
At SpotHero, we work as a team to empower people to get everywhere, easier! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering business partners to develop business cases and evaluate financial impact and priority of those initiatives.
- Act as a trusted advisor, driving key elements of the planning process and proactively communicating financial updates.
- Develop financial modeling to improve understanding of the Product and Engineering organization, the value it delivers, and how that value can be increased.
- Partner with People Team and business stakeholders to develop human capital model to support business growth.
- Collaborate with finance and accounting peers on month-end close activities, and ad-hoc projects.
- Participate in the strategic planning process by providing business cases supporting product roadmap.
- Provide insightful analysis of business results to senior management and perform ad-hoc analyses that facilitate problem solving and decision making for business areas.
- Assist with annual budget planning cycle and quarterly forecast updates.
- Participate in development of monthly and quarterly operating reviews.
- Compile financial analysis for Board meetings and other ad-hoc projects.
Who you are:
- Strategic. You consider big picture when performing day-to-day financial analysis.
- Analytical. You work with big data to tease out meaningful drivers and trends.
- Organized. You have great follow through on tasks and superior organizational skills.
- Diligent. You are extremely detail oriented and don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Dynamic. You embody resilience, drive, and energy that radiates throughout all interactions.
- Team player. You are a collaborator and passionate about supporting a high performing team.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, or corporate FP&A.
- Expert modeling and Excel skills are an absolute must-have.
- Strong analytical skills, organization, and curiosity to develop new methods and processes.
- Solid accounting knowledge.
- Ability to translate key business drivers to financial outcomes through analysis and communicate business insights from financial metrics and operational data.
- Advanced data visualization and presentation skills.
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance. 401K Match.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Flexible WFH arrangements - We know these are uncertain times and our employees’ health and safety is number one.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A company that cares about its employees’ unique backgrounds. From Employee Resource Groups to Unconscious Bias Trainings, we want each and every employee to feel like SpotHero is a place where they can bring their whole selves to work.
- A workplace recognized as the Startup of the Year by Built in Chicago, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- A workplace recognized as a Best Place to Work by Built In Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, and one of TIMES’s 50 Genius Companies.
SpotHero is an equal opportunity employer. We know that a diverse workforce is the strongest workforce, and are committed to building and supporting an inclusive environment for all.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the US and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.