Who we are:
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $4 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
This individual will be a key player in Finance, partnering with and supporting the product and functional business segments. The candidate will work closely with cross functional stakeholders to develop projections for the company P&L. The candidate will also be responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining relevant standardized reporting with emphasis on key metrics and financial results. The ideal candidate must possess strong communication/presentation skills and demonstrate the ability to work effectively with various stakeholders. This person must be experienced in Excel with strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
What you'll do:
- Drive the optimization of financial resources providing detailed analysis of Revenue/Expense.
- Establish standardized financial and metric reporting for the various M1 Products, Monthly, Quarterly, Annually, then measure results based on actual
- Coordinate with functional leadership to align resources with company Products and initiatives
- Provide input on the automation and design of processes to improve the efficiency of reporting and deeper understanding of unit economics
- 3-5 years of financial services experience, ideally in Corporate Finance, Investment Banking, or Consulting
- Experience preparing and presenting financial information to key decision-makers
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
- Ability to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams, utilize influencing skills, and demonstrate strong senior-level communication
- Results-oriented and able to roll-up sleeves to accomplish tasks
- Good attitude with willingness to embrace unstructured environments
- Nice to have: Planful, NetSuite, Workday Experience, Startup, pre-IPO B2C or FinTech industry experience
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym