Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Let’s get to business! Avant is looking for a new Senior Manager to join the team in Chicago. This position will play a critical role in rapidly, and prudently, growing Avant’s Card Originations business. The key goals are to grow Originations through multiple product offerings and new channel expansion while maintaining performance. The role requires working directly on several aspects of the businesses - marketing analysis, determining credit underwriting criteria at Originations, Fraud & Verification risk management, developing pricing strategies, etc. to minimize risk and improve profitability. The Sr. Manager will need to manage a team of 2-3 Analysts and play a broader role in Avant's Risk team.
What you might own at Avant:
- Originations policy setting – product targeting, marketing selection, approve/decline, scorecard/risk modeling, line assignment, fraud & verifications decisions, pricing decisions (APR & Fees), marketing channel analysis, testing strategy for future growth
- Profitability assessment – Economic modeling, forecasting, originations
- Team management & engagement in People processes (recruiting, etc.) in Avant’s Risk team
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- 5+ years of experience with Credit policy/pricing
- Hands on experience with SQL/Python/SAS
- Ability to gather data & conduct analysis independently
- Analytic thinking to draw effective conclusions from data; judgement on when to rely on data vs. when not to
- Strategy setting ability; when given a high-level objective able to determine option set and recommend best option to pursue
- Ability to break down strategy into tactical tasks
- 2+ years of experience managing associates. Ability to help new associates learn and grow on the job
- Work well with people across teams and with different skills
- Influence management on desired outcomes
- Credit Card experience is a plus!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.