Senior Manager Finance at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
This high-impact Finance leadership position provides key financial and strategic support for the US Credit Card business. The incumbent will lead a team focused on influencing business partners with actionable insights through forecasting and analytics around key business drivers. We are seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented problem solver that adapts quickly to change and ambiguity.
What You’ll Do
- Provide financial and business analysis support for one of Discover's business units.
How You’ll Do It
- Drive revenue-generating and expense efficiency initiatives by understanding business economics and effectively leading and influencing business.
- Develop financial projections to support planning and investment decisions.
- Provide advice and financial analyses to leadership for investment decisions, pricing changes, and the development of new products and offers.
- Monitor and assess the return on financial investments. Lead an analytical approach to proactively develop insightful financial analyses.
- Develop and lead financial planning activities, including budgeting, short- and long-term forecasting, and revenue and expense driver analysis.
- Manage and develop a team of financial analysts to lead and execute the above activities while meeting key timelines.
- Conduct variance analysis and consolidation activities.
- Collaborate with business partners (e.g., Marketing and Operations) to develop robust financial forecasts and drive insightful analysis.
- Continually improve and streamline standard work processes.
- Create and maintain models to understand long-term profit and loss impacts and drives business decisions.
- Perform detailed competitive analyses to drive strategic insights and actions.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in people management
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Master's degree in finance, business, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in financial services, consulting, investment banking, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in people management
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.