Senior Tax Associate at DRW
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With over 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
We are looking for a Senior Tax Associate to join our team, based in Chicago, reporting to our Tax Director. This role will provide an opportunity to learn new, substantive tax areas and businesses. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the tax compliance team and supporting the numerical analysis of tax planning.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide technical tax support across a global principal trading firm that trades various financial products, physical assets and cryptoassets
- Involved in tax compliance for multi-state and multi-national locations and operations
- Prepare compliance of global indirect taxes (sales, use, VAT, GST, etc.) and assist in related planning issues
- Assist with tax analysis of real estate investments
What you will bring to the team:
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in public accounting or financial services
- Prior involvement in domestic tax compliance process of pass-through entities required
- Prior exposure to taxation of financial products or international tax issues
- Comfort with complexity of operations and data flow
- A desire to learn new businesses and new areas of tax
- Prior exposure to indirect tax or multi-state tax compliance
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.