SOX Auditor at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for ensuring reports and transactional information is appropriate for financial reporting, recording in accounting records, inclusion in filings, and making payments. Completes control activities in support of accurate books and records.
- Leads process walk-throughs with functional business partners ensuring that flowcharts, narratives, and control design documentations meet standards.
- Partners with the business to analyze and evaluate control deficiencies. Develops remediation plans and quickly analyzes the impact to the financial statements.
- Prepares assessments of the operational effectiveness of the company's internal controls over financial reporting.
- Participates in the annual planning of the company’s SOX compliance efforts, including risk assessments, materiality, significant accounts disclosures, milestones of key SOX activities, etc.
- Communicates with internal stakeholders and external auditors on SOX matters, including coordinating quarterly and annual certifications, scoping and testing efforts, and issue identification, isolation, and remediation for the audit of the company's internal controls.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Public Accounting or Internal Audit
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Public Accounting or Internal Audit
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- CISA, CRMA
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.