Spend Operations Associate at M1 Finance
The Spend Operations Associate will work in tandem with the Spend Operations Manager on the day-to-day operations of the M1 Spend product. Responsibilities are outlined below though as the Spend product is new to the M1 family, it will be expected that the Spend Operations Associate maintains a flexible attitude as the role solidifies based on the needs of the company. Responsibilities will range from daily tasks to those more strategic in nature. The Spend Operations Associate would benefit from previous banking and operations experience.
- Assist with preparing, reviewing or researching, ATM and Visa Debit card claims disputes in compliance with M1’s policies and procedures and Visa and PIN network dispute resolution rules and regulations.
- Focus on banking compliance and regulatory operations. Lead our disputes and complaints which includes updating and improving processes in partnership with our charter bank.
- Evolve the current disputes and complaints process to streamline and confirm regulatory requirements are being met.
- Support Client Success Associates as they answer Spend related tickets and calls.
- Development and maintenance of internal trainings and customer facing support articles on Spend processes in partnership with the Spend Operations Manager.
- Build and cultivate relationships cross functionally to improve processes, develop and execute promotions.
- Active participant in relationship with M1’s charter bank to support executing and prioritizing key initiatives.
- Administer our fraud strategies and policies related to Spend. Adhere to corporate and federal regulations related to Reg E disputes and fraud case management. Handle client disputes and fraud claims.
- Execute on ad hoc projects that require comfort with numbers to make informed decisions.
- 1-3 years of experience in banking operations
- 1+ years of experience with banking compliance and regulations
- Experience developing processes, meeting deadlines, and paying close attention to detail
- Analytical, metrics and data-driven mindset
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-activity environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with leadership
- Proven project management skills
- SQL experience, a plus
- Finance experience, a plus
- FINRA licensing, a plus