Are you someone who very naturally possesses the vision to drive big picture change and growth but also will tend to the details or process necessary to attain those goals? Would you say that you are a very self-sufficient person comfortable when asked to lead projects or teams? Want to help make the world a safer, more sustainable, and more creative place? If so, Black Spectacles’ VP of Revenue Operations role may be the perfect opportunity for you to grow in your career!
At Black Spectacles, we’re a purpose driven company, aimed squarely at educating and inspiring architects across the world so they can thrive in their careers.
Our platform attracts architects around the world who want to push the limits of their industry. Our content — which includes podcasts, design tutorials and exam prep — helps architects keep pace with emerging technologies and software so they can do their best work.
Black Spectacles is Chicago-based with a fully remote staff. We are a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company and ranked #11 in Education on the INC. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Company List in 2019. To keep that momentum going strong, we’re expanding our team of enthusiastic go-getters. We're in search of a VP of Revenue Operations to develop a customer lifecycle strategy that organizes the work of marketing, sales, and customer success aimed at increasing revenue and growing our leading market position.
- Act as a critical member of the leadership team, reporting directly to the CEO and partnering with our VP of Operations in the day-to-day operations of the business
- Oversee our Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing Operations leaders and their teams, serving as subject matter expert in revenue operations.
- Integrate automated efficiencies where possible to maintain an agile and lean business
- Determine and direct operational priorities connected to new business and customer acquisition, growth, customer success (retention) to effectively achieve revenue goals
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales, marketing, and finance organizations.
- Implement operational processes and procedures to ensure data accuracy and reporting.
- Incorporate early detection and identification into the process to ensure timely actions are taken.
- Provide counsel to other members of the executive team in implementing objectives that appropriately reflect the company’s business and financial goals.
- Ensure data is flowing seamlessly from Marketing to Sales to Customer Success to Finance.
- Own Business Intelligence, using data analysis and storytelling to generate business intelligence insights for the team.
Key outcomes of the job:
- Achieve double digit annual revenue growth
- Maintain our market-leading Net Promoter Score (NPS
- Proven success in building and scaling B2B, B2C and Customer Success Teams
- High motivation for continuous improvement and ability to drive impact
- Experience architecting and managing revenue systems from ground up
- Understanding of and ability to articulate trends in churn and expansion
- Experience in analytics, territory modeling, TAM modeling, compensation plans, and quota modeling
- Proven ability to identify and lead growth enabling initiatives.
- Superior organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to operate with executive leadership
- Ability to independently identify problems, propose solutions and execute on those solutions
- Significant demonstrated experience in Sales Operations, Business Operations, Revenue Operations
- Experience with HubSpot for B2C and B2B sales
- 'Work from Wherever' Policy
- BCBS Medical Plans
- Principal Dental, Vision, Short-Term, Long-Term and Life Insurance
- HSA & FSA Programs
- Profit Sharing Plans
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Company Holiday Time Off
- Employer-Sponsored Training Opportunities
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Quarterly & Annual Team Events
Black Spectacles is an equal opportunity employer.