The world has changed. Why hasn’t insurance?
Kin’s mission is to reimagine home insurance For Every New Normal. While other insurers struggle to handle a fast-changing world, Kin is built for the future and is prepared to meet its challenges head on while helping our customers do the same.
Kin is proud to be one of BuiltIn Chicago’s 2021 Best Mid Sized Companies to work for, and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in North America. Simply put, our people are what make us great, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to join us in our mission.
So, what’s the role?
Kin is rapidly growing, and as a HR Business Partner you will be a key player to help scale our people infrastructure. Using your professional expertise and action orientation, you’ll have the opportunity to play strategic partner, thought leader, guidance counselor and performance coach.
Oh, and you’ll also work to keep Kin’s culture going strong, managing and overseeing unique employee experiences (EX) that truly make working at Kin unlike anything else.
Every day is different here at Kin. You can expect to be engaged by challenging situations related to total rewards, engagement and employee relations. You will be the primary point of contact and strategic partner for all people initiatives for the departments you support.
A day in the life could include:
- Working directly with the department leadership team on a variety of people initiatives, including: organization planning, internal mobility, people issues, performance management, etc.
- Serving as the “go to” HR contact person for the Insurance & Marketing teams.
- Supporting HR leadership with tasks for the Kin technology organization.
- Act as a coach and consultant to department leadership on employee relations matters.
- Supporting programs in partnership with HR leadership that help scale the people function at Kin.
- HRIS Management by pulling employee data and putting together reports in order to help data-driven decision making for the people function.
- Help support Kin’s total rewards programs and help implement new employee perks to ensure Kin remains a top place to work.
- Support organizational engagement initiatives such as event planning, collecting employee sentiment data and drafting communication plans.
- Help manage the biannual performance management process by coaching and calibrating with department leadership.
- Act as a key player and facilitator as Kin continues to iterate on our Diversity, Inclusion & Equity initiatives.
- Working with department and HR leadership on learning and development initiatives.
I’ve got the skills… but do I have the necessary ones?
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience with at least 2 years as a HR Generalist or HRBP.
- Experience within a rapidly scaling organization
- Action oriented mindset with experience turning nuanced objectives into measurable results.
- Excellent communication skills
- Data focused approach to problem solving with excellent excel skills.
- PHR or SHRM-CP Certification Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Oh, and don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we’re making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We’re a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it’s how we treat each other. That’s one of the many reasons we’ve been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.