People Operations Specialist at ShopRunner
For customers, we’re an online, members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout and free returns.
For merchants, we’re driving ecommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. And we help them compete in today’s marketplace. It’s the ultimate ecommerce win-win.
With people in offices in Chicago, Conshohocken, PA, NYC, San Mateo,and Krakow, Poland, we’re perpetrators of good vibes and great experiences for our customers, our merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role operates the machinery and makeup of traditional HR. This operational executor will look to ensure that the most basic and important needs of employees are met. Tactically, this role serves to ensure payroll, benefits, & perks are meticulously executed and communicated. This is a role best suited for someone who thinks end-to-end about experience and long-term in regard to employee fit and who takes it a step further to develop methods of measure to see how well we’re doing building the best place to work in Chicago and Philly. You’ll execute against some of the basic “nuts and bolts” of HR as we manage our HR practice in-house from a one-time PEO model.
We’re in building mode at ShopRunner and we need a top-notch executor and problem-solver who can ensure our employees’ needs are met. Reporting into the SVP of Talent, this position will sit in our newly formed Chicago office, with an eye for helping talent across all SR offices.
ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Act as a people operations specialist: able to execute payroll bi-weekly and set up our HRIS for maximum output and engagement.
- Partner closely with the Sr. Mgr, People Experience, to deliver on what we say we’ll do with an eye on the utmost operational excellence.
- Help perform quarterly execution and analysis as it relates to employee engagement (pulse survey)
- Support quarterly pulse survey and implementation of action plans to address opportunities identified through surveys (Q1). Also show historic data that tells a story of where we’ve been and where we’re going.
- Partner with the analytics team to find the right mix of analytical science and people art to build the right programs at the right time.
- Execute quarterly diversity reports and payroll analysis that shows us how we’re doing and ensures our actions are done with thought and care, informed by what we know and who we aspire to be.
- Partner with vendors externally who provide the benefits ShopRunner employees love and look to bring information to employees, acting as the connector of information.
- Compile onboarding feedback to help bring insights to the business on how we can make needed changes in an agile fashion.
- Deliver employee products including: total compensation statements, data insights that help employees understand our state-of-the union and their place within it.
- Become the contact for questions regarding payroll and benefits, providing answers with compassion and care.
- Benefits Administration: run point on open enrollment, new hire benefits onboarding and bill reconciliation week to week.
- New Hire onboarding process with Office Coordinator
- ACA/EEOC Reporting annually
- State Taxes as well as Workers Compensation, monitored and tracked quarterly.
- FMLA and STD Tracking via payroll system and communication out to employees with important information.
- Pull recruiting metrics as needed to help assist talent team in finding the best talent. Period.
- Partner with People Experience manager to administer offboarding employees (tactical steps re: payroll and benefits)
- Performance Review set up in HRIS or another system to ensure a smooth process.
ABOUT WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years experience working in a fast-paced, technology-centric environment.
- PHR certification a plus.
- Analytical prowess and ability to think through complex systems to get at what appears simple to end users (our employees)
- Adaptable, empathetic, with a can-do attitude
- Proficiency in multi-state payroll and HRIS management, extra credit for Paycor knowledge
- A highly-organized problem solver.
OTHER THINGS WE’D LIKE YOU TO KNOW:
Intellectual curiosity & a sense of humor are a must. A love of ecommerce & retail is a major plus.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.