Principal HR Business Risk & Control Advisor at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Use subject matter expert knowledge of HR to be a thought leader in the area of risk management
- Lead and influence partnerships with HR business process owners to identify, assess, mitigate and control key operational, compliance and other risk types within Human Resources.
How You’ll Do It
- Leads and influences partnerships with the business process owners by risk consulting and providing advice and executing strategic direction on control design to effectively mitigate risks. Risk consulting support for the implementation of enterprise policies, standards/ procedures and regulatory changes with the process owners.
- Performs more complex risk assessments on moderate to highly rated processes to identify and assess risks, coordinates and supports control effectiveness assurance across the processes. Engages with Human Resources to develop, integrate, maintain and monitor procedures and controls to ensure compliance with Federal, State laws and regulations.
- Participates in the development of root cause analysis, action plans and monitors the remediation in an effective and timely manner.
- Develops risk monitoring and reporting to the business process owners, where applicable. Assesses and designs appropriate risk metrics to inform and monitor regulatory, operational and other risk types.
- Support a strong risk management culture through proper implementation and execution of Corporate Risk Programs, Policies, Standards and Procedures.
- May mentor more junior team members.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance or Related
- 6-8 Years’ of experience risk operations, internal controls, audit, finance, or related
Bonus Points If You Have
- 8+ Years’ of experience risk operations, internal controls, audit, finance, or related
#LI-JM1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.