Sr. HR Business Partner, Technology at Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We're proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In's 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.So, what's the role?
The tech organization at Kin is rapidly growing. Made up of a team of Engineers, Product, UX/UI Designers and QA Analysts, the tech organization is essential to ensure Kin can do things faster, smarter and more efficiently than our competitors.
The Sr. HR Business Partner is at the center of all of that. Helping to design and maintain a large organization that delivers game changing technology that shakes up the insurance industry. Being at the center means that you'll have the opportunity to play strategic partner, thought leader, guidance counselor and performance coach.
Oh, and you'll also work to keep Kin's culture going strong, managing and overseeing unique employee experiences (EX) that truly make working at Kin unlike anything else.A day in the life could include:
- Working directly with the technology leadership team on a variety of people initiatives, including: organization planning, internal mobility, people issues, performance management, etc.
- Serving as the "go to" for all department members' HR needs.
- Designing and overseeing a performance management program that is relevant and impactful to the tech organization
- Identifying meaningful insights and turning it into power people data.
- 5+ years of experience supporting a tech organization
- Experience within a rapidly scaling organization
- Has worked directly with C-Suite executives to drive HR decisions
- Expert knowledge of legal guidelines relating to HR
- Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we're making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We're a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it's how we treat each other. That's one of the many reasons we've been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don't discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.