RedShelf, now #6 on Crain Chicago's Fast50 is growing at a rapid pace, and we’re expanding our Human Resources team.
Founded in 2012, RedShelf was named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine and awarded the title of 2021 Publishing Software of the Year. RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable for students and increase learning effectiveness through its industry-leading digital platform. Partnering with more than 10,000 publishers and content providers along with more than 1,500 business and educational partners worldwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials via our best-in-class eReader, and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortless distribution of course content and engagement solutions.
RedShelf’s Technical Recruiter / Talent Scout is responsible for recruiting and retaining talented people who will add business value to our innovative products and platforms. RedShelf is looking for someone with a hunter mentality to recruit the best candidates for our open positions. We predict an estimated personnel growth of 20% over our next fiscal year thus we need someone with exceptional creativity and interpersonal skills to help us grow and nurture RedShelf’s talent pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- It’s simple…recruit and retain top talent for RedShelf’s industry leading products.
- Collaborates with hiring managers to understand the needs and roles to be filled; reviews job descriptions for vacancies.
- Assists with the development and revision of specifications and job descriptions for open positions.
- Identifies the most effective methods for recruiting and attracting candidates.
- Responsible for the full recruiting cycle from job postings to resume screens to offers and onboarding.
- Manage the candidate experience for all RedShelf applicants.
- Develop and nurture potential leads by attending and hosting events within the technical community.
- Maintain vendor relationships with placement agencies.
- Be a RedShelf Ambassador.
- A deep passion for people is a must.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of technical recruiting experience in either an agency or corporate setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Familiarity with technology roles and language is essential.
- Strong knowledge of ATSs (preferably JazzHR), LinkedIn, Glassdoor, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience creating technical recruiting and sourcing plans.
- Passion and excitement for the overall HR function.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships / people networks.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus.
- Comfort and/or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment.
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf.
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.