Total Rewards & HRIS Senior Specialist/Manager
Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ software-enabled vending machines that we refer to as smart Fridges. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Total Rewards & HRIS Senior Specialist OR Total Rewards & HRIS Manager to join our small but mighty HR team. You will have experience and an understanding of what good looks like, and you won't get frustrated by lack of structure or systems... and you're excited to help this early stage company build the compensation and benefits infrastructure to help the business scale.
You'll play a key role in ensuring our Total Reward programs attract, retain, and engage employees while aligning with business goals that are market competitive, fair, and of course, in compliance with legislative requirements.
- Oversee the salary planning, merit budget, job evaluation and salary structure components of the overall compensation system
- Own salary administration: Create and maintain the job structure using external market data, including job levels, job families and job profiles. Create job ranges and targets for new positions
- Create and maintain the job description library and the position evaluation process. Ensure proper classification of employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Helps design and implement the full suite of benefits offerings, including recognition programs, to increase the company’s ability to attract, develop, and retain top performers
- Manages health and welfare plans, COBRA administration, FMLA administration, including the integration with disability programs
- Ensures documentation such as plan documents, plan amendments, summary plan descriptions, tax filings or other documents are in place to assure compliance
- Ensures that all plans meet legal, regulatory and audit compliance requirements
- Manages 401(k) administration and compliance. Recommend changes as needed
- Manage open enrollment, including communication, process, and coordination with stakeholders
- Create process for on-boarding and off-boarding employees as it relates to benefits.
- Owner of HRIS system including workflows, upgrades, revisions, accuracy, and reporting.
- Identify opportunities to enhance systems, and processes to improve efficiency, quality, timeliness, and accuracy
For the Total Rewards & HRIS Senior Specialist/Manager, we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certified Compensation or Benefits Professional is a plus, not a must
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Solid regulatory knowledge related to Compensation and Benefits (e.g. ERISA, ACA, HIPAA, …)
- Experience performing at least several of the following:
- designing total rewards holistically, as well as understanding the trade-off decisions and ability to bring benchmarks, trend information, a point of view, and options.
- Creating and communicating salary administration guidelines, incentive plan documents, and career tracks in a manner that creates transparency and understanding in the organization.
- designing and administering base pay, market pricing, variable pay, job evaluation, data analysis, research and cost modeling
- administering health and welfare plans, leaves and time off policies, and 401(k) plans.
- understanding HR Systems, how they work together and the downstream impact of data quality. Experience evaluating and implementing systems would be a plus.
Attributes that would be helpful to succeed:
- Ability to quickly build trust, gain credibility, and communicate effectively within the organization and to work effectively with external trusted partners and employees at all levels.
- Ability to bring new ideas and big picture thinking, as well as get into the details.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that requires strong project management and decision-making capabilities.
- Pro-active and results oriented and capable of operating successfully in a high growth, rapidly changing environment.
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the office should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas around the cold brew tap.
Never run empty - Daily Farmer's Fridge meal, Monday bagels, draft cold brew, office snacks, and Friday happy hours are just some of the offerings to make sure you aren't distracted by a growling stomach.
Take a break - Check out what new products Chef is testing in the R&D kitchen, challenge a coworker to a game of Fridgeopoly, rally a spontaneous happy hour at Goose Island down the street, start a heated debate on the best M&M flavor with a poll in Slack, or jump in on a team kickball game!
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the bottom line. Own it. Literally - with company equity you have the opportunity to share directly in our success. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures