Business Intelligence Internship - Zoro
In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
As the Business Intelligence Intern on Zoro's analytics team, you will build and maintain reporting and modeling to enable data-driven decisions for users in all areas of the business. You will develop a deep understanding of Zoro's wide array of human- and machine-generated data and work with internal stakeholders to understand the opportunities for using this data to improve their results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learning all aspects of Zoro's business and the data assets which can be used to inform decision-making in these areas
- Identify and implement key metrics and graphics into reports that facilitate data consumption for both integrity analysis and business execution
- Ensure a high level of data integrity by validating data, addressing data errors and making corrections as needed
- Document processes and data models in support of BI applications
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Masters' or graduate degree in a related field required (computer science, information systems, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of database design and logic (SQL)
- Experience with a data scripting language desired (R, Python)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
- Experience creating data visualizations in Google Data Studio, Tableau, or a similar tool
- Ability to explore data sets and identify data transformation and data quality needs for targeted applications
- Intellectual curiosity, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.