Avant is dedicated to building premier digital banking solutions for the middle class through a combination of technology, analytics and superior customer service. Since 2012, Avant has connected over 1.5 million customers to over $7.5 billion in loans and 500,000 credit cards. A high growth financial technology company, Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com for more information.
Let's get to business! We are looking for an Intern to join our Customer Operations team in Chicago. As aCustomer Operations Intern you’ll have the opportunity to participate in a hands on learning program while providing research and analytical support on various projects. As an Avantee Intern, you’ll be part of a rapidly growing team, contributing to real-world projects with meaningful impact to our overall business and success. You’ll also have a chance to engage with leadership, build lasting relationships within your network, and participate in some great group events.
What you do at Avant:
- Assist in the development and documentation of processes and policies
- Assist in the development and implementation of initiatives around process improvement
- Assist in a quality assurance capacity for data and processes
- Participate in strategic planning sessions
- Routinely meet with assigned mentors and/or leaders and provide a summary of key take-aways.
Why you are a fit for Avant (minimum requirements):
- Actively enrolled in an accredited 4 year Business Administration degree program or related field
- Reliable access to quiet workspace and reliable internet connection
- Ability to work full-time (40 hrs per week) for the duration of the program
- Strong verbal and written communications skills - preferred
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment - preferred
- Goal-oriented and quality focused - preferred
- Must be flexible and able to quickly grasp and apply new information and/or concepts.
- Familiarity and interest in continuous process improvement concepts
- Experience with Google and/or Microsoft Office products
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) with team members and customers
- Competitive Pay
- Relaxed dress code
- Group Events
- Leadership forums
- Enviable swag!
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.
Avant is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, disability or genetic information or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.