Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 4 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $600 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Zoro is currently offering a paid internship for passionate & driven individuals interested in joining our Analytics team for the summer of 2021. This is a full-time opportunity and will start early June and end in late August. The start and end dates can be flexible based on your semester schedule.
Our Analytics team is comprised of Business Intelligence, Digital Analytics and Data Science functions, which collectively support the business by turning data into actionable insights. The team is involved in a broad scope of projects, including: customer segmentation, A/B testing, channel investment optimization, predictive modeling, promotion forecasting and evaluation, dashboarding, etc.
As a Data Science Intern, your work will help Zoro to better understand and target our customers. A successful candidate should be passionate about eCommerce, Marketing and Big Data, and be interested in learning about all aspects of the Zoro business and collaborating with others.
While predictive modeling and statistical analysis are an important aspect of the role, a Data Science Intern will also be expected to think about data in the context of practical business questions, presenting insights and recommendations to stakeholders. Data cleaning, aggregation and visualization are also important skills that will contribute to a successful data science project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a member of the Analytics Team, you will work on a long-term predictive analytics project as well as a variety of short-term analyses to aid business partners in making day-to-day decisions. You will interact with Analytics team members with significant collective eCommerce expertise and tackle challenging business problems.
- You will work with hundreds of behavioral and cross-sectional data attributes on over millions of records.
- You will apply techniques of data exploration, data visualization, and model development.
- You will learn to create robust and repeatable analytic processes.
- Have a background in a quantitative or technical field, and will have a great interest in working with large data sets to influence data-driven decision making
- Be working towards a Bachelors or Master’s degree in a field such as statistics, mathematics, actuarial science, computer science, finance, or economics
- Have the analytic agility to deal with a variety of problems in an abstract manner
- Have the ability to communicate complex analysis to non-technical audiences
- Have experience with at least one statistical software package such as Python or R
- Have experience with SQL and large datasets
- Experience working with eCommerce data is a plus
- Be graduating in 2021 or 2022.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.