Service Desk Analyst Intern, Zoro at Zoro
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 5 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Zoro is offering a paid internship in our End User Computing team for the spring semester of 2021.
This is an opportunity that will enable you to gain valuable industry experience and build a foundation in IT Service Management that will prepare you for a career in IT Operations. The start/end dates can be flexible based upon your school schedule.
The individual chosen will learn about supporting all areas of IT and business through the process of routing incoming support tickets to the appropriate teams, help maintain Service Desk request forms, and assist with basic connectivity issues and level 1 access requests. An End User Computing Service Desk Intern becomes a part of the Zoro family and is fully embraced by the team on Day One. The intern should expect to not only contribute to work that actually matters but that is critical to the strategic direction of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact for staff regarding IT issues and requests
- Monitor our ticketing system queue during scheduled times for incoming incidents/requests
- Troubleshoot basic connectivity issues
- Escalate issues requiring additional support to the appropriate IT teams
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support requests and adhere to Zoro IT’s service management principles and SLAs
- Approve and update user access requests via group memberships and system consoles
- Manage time effectively between handling tickets and requests, and monitoring the ITSM tool
- Knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM) principles and ITIL frameworks
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- A willingness to ask for help and the ability to communicate what you need to do your best work
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.