Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Are you ready to take on the technical challenges of a very successful and fast-growing eCommerce company backed by an industry leader? At Zoro, we are transforming from a scrappy startup into an eCommerce juggernaut, and we are already wildly successful. That means there are plenty of opportunities to get hands-on with transformative work that others only dream of. Work that will set you up for success and put you ahead of your peers on LinkedIn.
Zoro is looking for an intern to help with software design, coding, and debugging. Asa member of our core engineering team, you will work alongside our expert engineers to implement far-reaching, customer-facing solutions. You will work on exciting and challenging software engineering problems that will shape the future ofeCommerce as we know it. Are you up for that?
- You will actively participate in a fully implemented scalable agile development framework
- You will develop features and functions for eCommerce initiatives
- You will assist with ETL and data feed management
- You will share in ERP integration development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document and test new software applications
- Assess new application ideas
- Research competitor offerings
- Develop applications
- Experience gained in the classroom and through personal projects will be considered.
- Applicants should have excellent analytical skills, with the ability to work in teams
- You are working towards a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Shell scripting experience is a plus
- Experience with Vagrant and Docker a plus
- Majors: Computer Science, Software/Network Engineering, Engineering, Mathematics
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.