Summer 2020 - Software Development Intern at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Kin + Carta operates under an organizational model called “The Connective,” a global ecosystem of over 1,600 technologists, strategists, and creatives. Together, the Connective provides full-service capabilities for not only our clients but for employee experience and mobility.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes Kin + Carta a recognized best place to work.
Kin + Carta has an exciting paid internship opportunity for a Software Development Intern. We have hired many of our interns into positions at Kin + Carta and consider this a strategic entry point into the firm. The Software Development intern will help develop new software for internal or external (client-facing) projects using various Mobile, Web, Cloud, and AI technologies. Successful candidates will be curious, self-motivated and hard-working with strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize. We have multiple openings and are currently hiring interns for Summer 2020.
- Junior standing working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred
- Software Development experience through classwork, personal study, and projects, or past internship(s)
- Analytical mind with a strong background and familiarity with OO technologies and programming
- Great communication and problem-solving skills and enjoy working on a team
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Growth mindset -you are constantly looking to improve and push your boundaries
- Curious quick learner – you enjoy working with emerging technology, learning new things and are always on the lookout for what’s next
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic – you are a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a high-energy, rapidly growing environment
- You have an interest in consulting
What You Will Be Doing:
- Building Full Stack Applications across multiple technologies, including React, Angular and Node.js
- Designing and developing software using emerging technologies including Cloud, Progressive Web Applications, Blockchain, AI and Machine Learning, Facial Recognition, Data Platforms (Python, R, Jupyter Notebooks), IoT/sensors, Computer Vision, AI-at-the-Edge, VR/AR and Interactive Environments
- Supporting our research & development and innovation efforts
- Gaining technical knowledge of software, hardware, and open source technologies
- Gaining knowledge and experience in software development methodologies like Agile/Scrum and XP
- Working with social media and assisting with marketing department projects
- Learning about proper documentation for your code
- Working in our office 40 hours per week
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves everyday. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.