We are looking for a hands-on IT Manager to manage the day-to-day operations of our IT Systems Engineers. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic roadmap and drive execution on initiatives that will unlock value for the business. You will work in close collaboration with a variety of business units including, but not limited to, our IT Help Desk, InfoSec, and Infrastructure teams.
What you'll do at Avant
- Lead and manage a high performing team of systems engineers, providing guidance and support to ensure high-quality work and effective communication within the team and with other departments.
- Synthesize proactive suggestions by incorporating feedback and ideas team that aligns to the high level goals.
- Support and maintain system, software, hardware, and user connectivity.
- Design, develop, and deploy policies and procedures to ensure adherence to security standards.
- Identify inefficiencies, functional overlap, synergies and opportunities; implement solutions and close gaps.
- Recruit, train, and coach employees..
- Provide technical leadership.
- Identify and deliver on changes to the operating model with a focus on measuring outcomes.
- Deliver a high quality, self-service output to the business.
Why you're a fit:
- 6+ years of industry experience with a focus on Information Technology or Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline required
- 4+ years of people management experience
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and jump in to support the team
- ITIL Certification
- Experience with hybrid AD and AAD environment
- Must be able to support Mac and PC environments
- Experience with enterprise systems such as GWS, Intune, Jamf, Slack, AWS, Tanium, and other enterprise services
- Experience with writing and executing Powershell scripts
- Vendor Management experience, including building relationships and reviewing contracts
- Experience recruiting and developing talent
- Knowledge of of Agile best practices
- Ability to develop strong relationships with both your team as well as internal stakeholders
- Experience working in financial services or another highly regulated industry
Check out our Avant Blog!
We believe that a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences helps us create the most innovative solutions for our customers. We invite you to apply to our positions even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed in the description. If you're passionate about our mission and aligned to our values, we hope you'll come contribute to our awesome culture.
Why Avant is the place for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
Authenticity. We show up to work as our whole selves and make sure others can too.
Collaboration. We can only succeed when we do so as a team.
Problem-Solving. The harder the problem, the more satisfying the solution.
Customer. We are all owners of the customer experience.
Initiative. Plan. Adapt. Get Sh!t Done.
We believe that great ideas come from anyone and anywhere, that everyone is an owner who drives change, and that we have more fun when we work together. We're problem solvers who love collaborating with intelligent and highly-motivated people to reshape the face of digital banking. Avant offers terrific perks and benefits, fun social events with employees who actually like hanging out together, and a flexible growth environment where trying your hand at new projects and being the active owner of your career path is encouraged and supported.
Some of our benefits include:
- Choice of great Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plan options
- 401(k) Match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Flexible Work Environment
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Lunch Allowance (Fooda) and In-office Snacks
- WFH Stipends for our Remote Employees
- Access to LinkedIn Learning for Professional Development
- No Meeting Wednesdays - (a.k.a. planned time to Get Sh!t Done)
- Summer Fridays
- Fun In-Office and Virtual Social Events
- And who doesn't love the swag
This position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If required, you'll be asked to provide proof that you're fully vaccinated upon your start date or before working in or visiting our Chicago office. You're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after you receive the second dose of a two-dose vaccine series (e.g., Pfizer or Moderna) or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson & Johnson/Janssen). Failure to provide proof of vaccination may result in termination. Subject to applicable law and requests for accommodation.