Lead Medical Scribe at Oak Street Health (Chicago, IL)
Position at OakWell
Title: Lead Clinic Informatics Specialist
OakWell provides high-quality primary care to patients living with end-stage kidney disease (ESKD). To ensure these patients receive quality primary care services, we provide comprehensive and integrated care right in the dialysis center. This allows patients to conveniently fit primary care into their existing healthcare schedule, keeping them healthy and living well. With an ambitious growth trajectory, OakWell is seeking and cultivating team members who are passionate about our goal of fully integrating primary and kidney care.
OakWell is powered by Oak Street Health, an innovative company delivering higher quality health and wellness care for adults on Medicare, in partnership with Interwell Health, a kidney care management company that partners with physicians on its mission to reimagine healthcare.
The Lead Clinic Informatics Specialist is a critical member of the Scribe Program. They champion the organization's mission to provide high quality patient care by leading their Scribe team. The Lead CIS acts as an expert in their team on all Scribe related matters including: training, coordinating coverage and assistance with implementation of any new clinic initiatives. In addition, they will engage with the Senior Scribes to facilitate successful execution of Scribe activities in each market. This new addition to the Oak Street Health team will be responsible for ensuring the smooth day to day operations of these essential activities.
OakWell Scribes typically work from a Fresenius dialysis clinic 4-5 days per week, with some Wednesdays spent working from home.
- Lead a team of 3-5 OakWell Scribes
- Ongoing training and support of OakWell Scribes
- In-market point person for coding and workflow questions
- Wellness Review Visit Review assistance
- Coordinate Regional Scribe coverage
- Observe and record patient encounters/examinations
- Document patient information, history and diagnoses
- Assist in medical management
- Document medical decision making
- Other duties, as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Self-starter with high degree of drive, initiative, and follow through
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Expert in accurate and specific documentation
- Commitment to company vision
- At least 6 months of experience as a Clinic Informatics Specialist (Scribe)
- US work authorization
OakWell offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
OakWell and Oak Street Health are equal opportunity employers. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.