Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
Avant is looking for an in-house attorney to join our Legal team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with previous regulatory experience to join a fast-paced, rapidly growing, Chicago fin-tech company. The attorney will work with the Assistant General Counsel to support Avant’s core financial products and provide legal and regulatory guidance for the installment loan teams.
What you do at Avant:
- Collaborate with business, analytics, technology, marketing, and operations teams to ensure adherence to important corporate and regulatory policies.
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance as the product teams develop, implement, and update products and services.
- Lead legal aspects of new product initiatives through due diligence, launch, and maintenance support.
- Develop various applicable internal policies and procedures.
- Draft, negotiate, and review vendor contracts and non-disclosure agreements.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Juris Doctor degree from an ABA accredited law school
- Membership in a State Bar
- 2-4 years experience working with a financial institution providing consumer financial services, or law firm practice working with such clients, and/or government agency
- Experience with the legal and regulatory framework (i.e., Dodd Frank, TILA, FCRA, ECOA, GLBA, FDCPA, etc.) applicable to consumer financial products and services
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior organizational and project management skills are required; must be able to manage multiple projects and operate within short timelines
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.