Avant is a high growth financial technology company, dedicated to lowering the barriers of borrowing for all consumers. Since 2012, Avant has secured more than $4 billion in funding and connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. Through big data and machine learning, Avant’s mission is to provide better access to responsible financial products. Avant has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, TechCrunch, Fortune, Bloomberg, and has raised over $600 million of equity capital. Visit www.avant.com, for more information.
As a Compliance Officer focusing on vendor oversight, you will have the unique opportunity to help shape a rapidly-evolving program within the company. You will be tasked with ensuring compliance with consumer lending regulations as it pertains to vendor management, and will conduct on-site and remote audits of Avant’s highest-risk vendors. In order to ensure proper adherence to applicable state and federal rules and regulations and to uphold Avant’s standards, you will work closely with internal business units and with third-party personnel to identify and remediate deficiencies discovered during vendor auditing. You’ll put your stellar writing skills to use while producing critical vendor audit reports, and will be expected to participate in ongoing improvements to all aspects of Avant’s Vendor Management program. You will be expected to work efficiently and effectively with multiple business units, manage assigned projects on a risk-based prioritization schedule, and promote a culture of awareness and transparency throughout the organization.
What you will do at Avant:
- Conduct on-site and remote audits of Avant’s highest-risk vendors;
- Project-manage various established processes in order to power organizational efficiency and mitigate third-party risks;
- Help with the automation of established processes and controls;
- Improve and handle the maintenance of Vendor Management records and documentation;
- Assist in the production of Vendor Management reporting;
- Assist senior Compliance leadership in reviewing and, where necessary, providing effective challenge to the business regarding newly proposed business initiatives;
- Maintain awareness of relevant regulations and guidance, including, but not limited to, FDCPA, TILA, TCPA, FCRA, ECOA, SCRA, MLA, GLBA, UDAAP, and third-party risk management;
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts;
- Other tasks, as assigned.
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- B.A / B.S. required.
- 1-2 years of experience in a product owner / project management role, and/or Compliance / Vendor Management / Auditing experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite, with demonstrably strong PowerPoint skills required.
- Proven history of taking initiative, working independently, and competently prioritizing work in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in taking assignment and executing on both administrative and complex projects from start to finish.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other departments and external parties.
Why Avant is a fit for you:
At Avant, we believe our values make a difference:
We value, support, and help each other grow
We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
We are transparent and believe the best idea wins
We succeed when our customers succeed
We get sh!t done… responsibly
And we keep it fun!
We believe that ideas are more important than titles, everything is more fun together, everyone drives change, and everyone is an owner. While we believe the perks and benefits that we offer are terrific, nothing excites us more than having the ability to collaborate with intelligent, highly-motivated and talented people on challenging problems as we work to change the face of online lending.