In-House Counsel- Litigation & Servicing at Avant
What You’ll Do at Avant:
- Oversee and support all aspects of Avant’s consumer litigation matters, subpoenas, and other disputes, including pre-litigation counseling, fact investigation, discovery, motions practice, and dispute resolution in numerous jurisdictions
- Provide practical and strategic advice and counseling to internal clients to help resolve disputes while balancing risk and business objectives
- Work cross-departmentally with stakeholders in Compliance, Marketing, Finance, Security, Internal Audit, Data, Analytics, and members of Avant’s leadership team to support Avant’s loan servicing initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal team members and outside counsel to efficiently manage consumer disputes and all aspects of outside counsel relationships.
- Develop and implement initiatives for reducing outside counsel spend.
- Integrate into the day-to-day operations of the Partnership Servicing Team, assisting with the provision of legal, business, and strategic advice.
- Effective at working with others in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and manage a large volume of concurrent projects
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented
- Positive, personable, strong interpersonal skills, and a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to interface effectively within all levels of the organization and to gain the trust and confidence of colleagues, business leaders, and executives
- Ability to respond promptly to a wide range of complex legal requests and coordinate closely with legal department colleagues to ensure the swift delivery of smart, practical advice.
What Are We Looking For:
- J. D. degree with 1-5 years of legal experience, litigation experience required
- Familiarity with laws and agencies applicable to consumer finance, including Dodd Frank, UDAAP, TCPA, FCRA, and FDCPA.
- Excellent judgement, analytic rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism.
- Intellectual curiosity and flexibility.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Active and in good standing in one State Bar in the United States.