Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing the company-wide Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) governance program. Ensure that all related anti-bribery policies, standards, and practices are effectively implemented and followed by business units. Assist in providing responses to compliance testing, internal audit, and regulatory examinations. Coordinate corrective actions in response to regulatory and internal findings. Manages cross-functional projects to enhance the Company’s ABAC program.
How You’ll Do It
- Support management in the implementation of an ABAC governance program.
- Assist senior compliance staff in the development of ABAC policies and procedures.
- Provide\ advice as a Subject Matter Expert on ABAC Issues as they relate to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act and other applicable anti-bribery laws.
- Collaborate with business partners in the first line of defense regarding ABAC risks and controls.
- Create and maintain work product and supporting documentation.
- Assist junior compliance staff in the management of third party ABAC risks and benefits provided to Foreign Officials.
- Ensure ABAC issues are brought to the attention of senior compliance professionals.
- Provide job-specific ABAC training to higher risk employees and support functions.
- Manage cross-functional projects with business units, first line risk offices, and support functions to enhance the Company’s ABAC program.
- Coordinate correction actions plans in response to regulatory and internal findings.
- Assist with compliance testing, internal audit and regulatory examinations of the ABAC program.
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- 4+ years of experience in project management, compliance, risk, operations, governance, or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- 2+ years of specific experience in Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption compliance
- 6+ years of general experience in compliance, law, risk operations, governance, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of general experience in compliance, law, risk operations, and governance
- JD, TRACE Anti-Bribery Specialist Accreditation, or similar certification
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We are all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.