Lead Compliance Tester at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
What You’ll Do
Responsible for assessing first-line business processes and controls used to monitor and test for adherence with federal and state regulatory requirements. The role collaborates with management to identify compliance issues and corrective action plans, and communicates the scope and severity of concerns identified to the applicable level of management.
How You’ll Do It
- Manage activities of the Compliance Testing staff (direct/indirect), taking responsibility for the overall integrity and quality of the work product.
- Collaborate with various levels of management within the areas of responsibilities, including the risk functions within the First Line of Defense. Evaluate and test the adequacy of business processes and practices with respect to risks, controls, and regulatory requirement identifying gaps and issues.
- Monitor and validate the status of corrective actions taken by business partners to remediate concerns. Create and maintain testing work papers and supporting documentation. Write reports regarding compliance testing results.
- Maintain a high level of awareness and knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements. Support Compliance Management in developing, implementing, and maintaining an enterprise-wide Compliance Program and a culture of compliance.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or legal
- 4+ years of experience in compliance, financial services, risk, and/or BSA/AML
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years of experience in testing, quality assurance, and/or audit
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
- Certified Internal Auditor
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.