The Senior Director of Global Compliance Operations assumes a strategic leadership role in the oversight of WBA global operational compliance initiatives. The individual will report directly to the VP, Global Compliance Operations, and is responsible for support across the global enterprise. The individual will have a strong working relationship with senior executives throughout the various divisions and business units on a global scale. The individual must have global compliance program experience along with a firm understanding of relevant laws, regulations, and regulatory bodies and compliance requirements and risks. Further, the individual must have strong project management skills and be capable of developing and implementing compliance operational initiatives based on utilization of technology across the enterprise. The position requires an individual with a proactive approach and ability to continually enhance the compliance program using a risk-based approach.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated ability utilizing and leveraging systems and technology to enhance compliance operations, have as a strong executive presence and global compliance experience.
- Provides strategic leadership over the compliance program, including design and implementation of a strategic global compliance operations plan; Influences business partners and stakeholders and drives to results with measurable achievements; Partners with global leaders to help identify, manage, and mitigate compliance risks in existing and emerging operational areas, providing creative solutions to bridge regulatory requirements with business objectives; Works in alignment with Sr. Director, Enterprise Risk Management, Senior Director, ABAC, VP, Global Privacy Officer, VP, International Compliance and Head, LATAM Legal and Compliance, and VP, RPU Compliance to lead in identification and implementation of operational enhancements; Prepares and present reports for senior leadership, the Board of Directors / Audit Committee, committees, and, as necessary, business units; Provides strategic direction on risk assessments and audits within the organization to measure compliance; Works closely with Legal and various operational areas to monitor and evaluate departments’ compliance with law, accreditation standards, and internal policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with other corporate functions, such as Internal Audit, Controllers, Human Resources and business units to direct compliance activities to appropriate channels.
- Directs compliance operations roles to achieve strategic and operational business goals. Develops and oversees the implementation of processes, and policies that have significant impact upon the organization. Position includes oversight of compliance operations for “front-end” retail operations as well as pharmacy –related healthcare compliance areas.
- Oversees and directs the work of managers and their subordinates. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Sets financial, operational and quality objectives for the unit and develops master operational plans. Plans, develops and manages departmental expense and capital budgets.
- Develops short- and long-range strategies and plans. Oversees the execution of operating plans for specified area of responsibility.
- Performs as an idea generator, working with others as a thought leader and subject- matter expert to help brainstorm new processes and solutions. Shares highly complex information related to areas of expertise. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Transfers knowledge and collaborates across functional lines and/or across departments. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
- Directs through directors and managers who mentor, coach and evaluate their responsive teams and develop employees through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 8 years of experience supporting global retail pharmacy and/or global healthcare management and/or global compliance operations experience.
- Experience driving change and growth in a business, including working with a corporate management team contributing to company-wide strategy and implementation.
- Global compliance program experience including development of compliance strategic plan and implementation in accordance with plans.
- Experience utilizing and leveraging systems and technology to enhance compliance operations.
- Experience with global regulatory compliance requirements pertaining to retail pharmacy and/or healthcare including compliance requirements for operational units.
- Experience designing, implementing and enforcing a global compliance function to ensure the organization’s policies and applicable laws and regulations are adhered to.
- Experience with U.S. Federal Sentencing Guidelines, OIG’s Seven Elements of an effective compliance program, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and related anti-bribery regulations and other regulatory requirements related to pharmacy and healthcare requirements.
- Experience identifying, analyzing and prioritizing compliance based risk and determining potential impact to an organization.
- Project management experience in a compliance-related area.
- At least 5 years’ experience of direct leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- MBA or Juris Doctorate (JD)
- Global Retail pharmacy, healthcare and/or compliance operations experience.