Associate Brand Manager, Health and Wellness at Walgreens
The Associate Brand Manager provides marketing thought leadership for assigned brand, including support of annual brand plans, creative on marketing strategies and communication, understanding of target consumer with key insights, product line innovation, and P&L analyses. Help to create the brand vision, promise, and personality while creating deep understanding of the consumer/customer/shopper. Ensure there is a consistent and holistic message inside and outside Walgreens, to our team members and shoppers/customers. This is an exciting role that will synthesize category data and consumer research into fresh meaningful insights that lead to incremental business building ideas. Will assist in the development, design and execution of commercial strategies to optimize sales, profitability and competitive position for the multiple brands portfolio. The associate brand manager is expected to demonstrate strategic creative thinking, be able to thrive in the ambiguity of innovation while inspiring teams to deliver results through commercialization with an overall optimistic and “can do” attitude.
- Participates in development and execution of brand strategies including brand positioning, communication strategies and brand guardrails. Brief internal and external partners as required to ensure effective and efficient translation of brand strategies into activation plans.
- Contributes to financial and marketing analyses, assesses category performance, and reviews/reports on financial status for total business focusing on key brands.
- Creates brand pricing tier guidance and ensures products within the tier properly reside within the guardrails.
- Develops analyses to track competition and market growth; assessing cost and pricing issues and opportunities.
- Assist with brand strategy to meet Corporate, Division, individual and customer led targets and objectives.
- Tracks all brand development, by monitoring and acting on brand health measures and market share. Track competitive brand activity and utilize data to help understand the marketplace.
- Contributes to and develops/writes compelling and unique new product concepts leveraging consumer insights, understanding of gaps in market or portfolio, and unmet needs.
- Partners cross-functionally to ensure information sharing is timely.
- Establishes a strong relationship with team and ensure follow-up of cross functional responsibilities.
- Evaluates programs through designing research, analyzing results and optimizing go forward programs.
- Contributes to assessment of existing owned brand portfolio and makes recommendations that optimize the assortment based on consumer data and trends.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Bachelor’s and at least 2 years experience in Brand/Marketing Communications or Product Management in a CPG or retail environment or product brand strategy OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 4 years experience in Brand or Product Management in a CPG or retail environment or product brand strategy
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience developing strategic initiatives which align with business goals and budget.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience working with and leading cross functional teams to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- Participates in artwork sign off for all brands (specifically for all products), ensuring guardrails and positioning are upheld.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree/MBA.
- Experience in brand management at a CPG, retail owned brands, service firm, or agency.
- Experience with product development or brand management in a global organization.
- Experience collaborating with e-commerce in order to create meaningful brand navigation online and in social media.
- Experience with related financial modeling and analysis.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following areas: OTC, Beauty, Grocery, Seasonal goods (décor, tabletop, apparel).
- At least 1 year of experience of cross functional team leadership.