Content Marketing Associate at PerkSpot
We’re a growing company, and we need key players like you to support the PerkSpot brand that brings joy to millions of employees!
Note: This position will be based in Chicago, but will work remotely along with the rest of PerkSpot until our offices safely reopen.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that offers exclusive discounts, as well as rewards and recognition, to millions of employees. We work with America’s top employers to offer the best perks and discounts to millions of employees These exclusive savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows their employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about their company. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft to save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re proud of our leadership position in the industry, but we’re committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere and invest in you more.
About the Role
PerkSpot is looking for an ambitious Content Marketing Associate to help support our marketing team. PerkSpot enables companies to build a culture of employee recognition and appreciation because we know that happier employees create a more productive business. As a member of the Marketing team, you’ll have your hands in a little bit of everything - how we engage with our clients’ employees, grow awareness for PerkSpot among HR professionals, and support other PerkSpot departments and the overall brand. This role will be focused on our brand voice and content on all public channels, including our blog and social media, as well as development of marketing collateral, such as fliers, infographics, case studies, and whitepapers. As a small team, however, everyone is always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand with any of our ongoing projects. This means we are all constantly learning and growing together. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone passionate about content and looking to grow their skills and expertise.
A successful candidate will have:
- 1-2 years experience in marketing/content focused role.
- Skilled in handling multiple projects and tight deadlines with ease.
- Ability to own PerkSpot’s brand voice, pushing creative concepts while also understanding data to drive decisions.
- Familiarity with AP Style writing
- Experience with brainstorming, developing, writing and executing creative content that fits within an established brand.
- Experience with Wordpress, HTML, and email marketing is highly desirable, but we are willing to teach the right person.
- A team player, always looking for ways to improve and willing to pitch in on any project needed.
- A strong work ethic and a desire to grow and learn new skills.
Your First Month
- Meet the team. Culture is huge at PerkSpot. Take this time to meet the team and learn the ins and outs of PerkSpot’s business, as well as gain a better understanding of the HR industry in general.
- Be our social media master. You’ll have great support here, but social is yours to strengthen our voice and improve our presence across all channels, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Jump right in to start researching and writing blog posts and articles aimed at both clients and users, respectively.
- Develop marketing materials for our Fortune 500 clients looking to promote their discount program.
Throughout Your Career Here
- Own our brand voice and copy, including how we present ourselves to HR executives of Fortune 500 companies, as well as the users on our platform looking for the best discounts.
- Create new ways for us to use content as a user-engagement strategy, growing the business as well as the user’s understanding of our platform and discounts.
- Stay well-versed in email marketing, digital marketing, and e-commerce trends, pushing the team forward with innovative ideas and the ability to execute them.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot.
We’re a small team of people working out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. We dress how we like, boast an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly all-company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.