Director, Global Healthcare Owned Brand Innovation at Walgreens
Responsible for changing the growth of the Walgreens/Boots Owned Brand Healthcare business and driving masterbrand equity as innovative health and wellbeing companies offering consumers accessible value & quality. Makes Owned Brand a destination brand for healthcare and wellness by creating consumer insight-led, differentiated Owned Brand offerings. Drives volume, sales & profits in line with 3 year plan. Accountable for delivering breakthrough innovation for the Global Owned Brand Healthcare business, to contribute to the growth ambition of +30% by 2025.
- Responsible for innovating in Consumer Healthcare and non-drug condition management (digital solutions, medical devices, supplements, homeopathy, etc).
- Owns one of the core Need States (consumer unmet need) within the Owned Brands Innovation framework. Shapes the Need State strategy and road map to deliver projects within this space that will ladder up to the overall mission.
- Develops and leverages strategic external partnerships to create differentiated products and services that can be launched globally across Boots and Walgreens Healthcare brands.
- Leverages consumer insights to develop winning product/service concepts. And works with partners to develop and test Minimum Viable Propositions (MVPs) that can then be scaled by the retail businesses.
- Leads projects following Agile methodology, by validating and iterating products based on user input.
- Ensures stakeholder alignment to innovation priorities and project plans.
- Brings projects into the stage gate process and hands off to the local teams at the appropriate stage.
- Drives innovation in multiple areas: product, digital technology, services and innovative delivery and business models.
- Brings mass personalization to life in the space of Healthcare Owned Brands to add value through improved consumer experiences.
- Represents Healthcare Innovation on Walgreens Owned Brands leadership team.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens www.walgreens.com is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of brand management/marketing experience or High School/GED and at least 9 years of brand management/marketing experience.
Established and proven Consumer Marketer with solid CPG experience and some understanding of OTC medicines and/or vitamins/ supplements routes to market.
Experience with Global brand-building and innovation pipeline management across geographies.
Strong financial acumen and experience building business cases.
Excellent presentation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
At least 3 years of experience of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Experience working with innovation incubators and consulting partners.
Experience working with Agile Scrum methodology
Experience working in international markets, in particular the US and UK markets.
Experience working for a leading over-the-counter (OTC) or Wellness company.
Experience developing digitally-delivered user experiences.
Experience leading diverse teams.
Experience delivering value through consumer insight-driven innovation.